Top 6 Benefits Of Torque Motor Technology Applied in FANCH CNC Router Machine
When evaluating motors, horsepower is generally considered the primary operational feature. In the case of CNC machines, torque is the true measure of the force that drives the cutting spindle.
Think of the torque motors in CNC machines as linear motors that are “rolled” rather than “unrolled” to produce torque instead of linear force. Torque motor technology allows application of direct drive motion to the fourth and fifth axes that control spindle rotation and inclination.
What are the benefits of torque motor technology as applied to CNC machining?
1. Simplified Integration
Direct drive torque motors consist of two parts: an inner magnetic rotor that drives rotation and an outer stator that transmits torque via electrical coil windings. This provides a pair of advantages:
lLess mounting volume is required, resulting in greater flexibility of placement.
lCables, cooling tubes and other components are easily integrated through the large central shaft.
2. Increased Accuracy
Thanks to the absence of belts, chains and gearboxes, direct drive motors can be attached directly to the load, preventing the effects of hysteresis.
3. Reduced Cost Of Ownership
Fewer parts means lower risk of breakage or malfunction. In addition, limited contact with the machine virtually eliminates wear and tear, so there’s little to no loss of performance over time.
4. No Backlash
A perfect match of load inertia to motor inertia is virtually impossible. The traditional goal has been a ratio somewhere from 5:1 to 10:1. Higher ratios can result in gear backlash, which causes a loss in precision.
Direct drive motors have no gearboxes, removing backlash as a factor. Some direct drive applications have been known to handle inertia ratios as high as 11,000:1.
5. High Torque At Low Speeds
Standard electric motors require high speed to generate high torque, which has the negative effects of reducing accuracy and increasing wear and tear. The magnetic energy used in direct drive motors lets them generate significant torque at much lower speeds.
6. Minimal Noise, Vibration And Torque Ripple
With fewer moving parts, direct drive motors avoid excessive vibrations and torque ripple that can affect efficiency and precision. They also produce less noise for a more pleasant shop-floor atmosphere.
If you’re looking to improve accuracy and reduce labor, FANCH five-axis CNC machinesusing torque motor technology will provide a positive return on investment.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The characteristics of nc open material software
- The direction of the future development of nume...
- The difference of motor of stone carving machine
- Maintenance and maintenance of laser engraving ...
- CNC engraving machine bed is made of thick stee...
- The difference between multiple engraving machi...
- The engraving machine is prone to malfunction
- Suggestions on daily use and maintenance of las...
- Market situation and application of stone carvi...
- Precautions for using woodworking engraving mac...
- Extend the Life of Your CNC Router Machines Wit...
- The Relationship Between 5 Axis CNC Machining a...
- HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR CNC ROUTER’S BIT
- 4 WAYS TO BOOST THE PRODUCTIVITY YOU GET FROM CNC